This upcoming holiday season at Vetri, we are trying something new! In the spirit of engagement and creativity, we are putting out an open call for special limited edition ornaments. This open call will serve as a way to introduce new and exciting work to the gallery during the holidays, and is a great way for artists in our community to expand their ornament designs.
Our hope is to make this an annual limited edition ornament event. Designs should be exclusive to Vetri gallery and be editioned from 1-30 (More submission requirements below). We will be choosing 8 artists to participate. If you’re not chosen this first year, please consider resubmitting again in the following year. This selection of limited editions will be separate from our regular ornament inventory.
Open Call Deadlines:
- Sept. 15 Submission Deadline
- Oct. 01 Selections made/artists notified
- Nov. 15 Ornaments due
- Provide up to 3 images of the finished product (drawings/renderings do not count. Please provide an image of a finished piece).
- Provide dimensions, weight, and retail price of the finished product
- Provide an artist bio and resume
Send these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ORNAMENT SUBMISSION”. Please do not send us follow ups. We will contact you to let you know whether or not you have been chosen.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please pay attention to the guidelines and deadlines.
Submission Guidelines and Instructions:
- If selected, artist must be able to make and ship 30 editioned ornaments to arrive at Vetri by November 15.
- Ornaments must have a retail value of between $35-$150
- Ornaments do not have to be glass, they can be made of any material.
As with all work in the gallery, the ornaments will be sold on a consignment basis and are subject to the standard Vetri artist contract.
We are looking forward to your submissions!