Employment Opportunities at Vetri:
VETRI GALLERY MANAGER
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and at least 2 professional references to:
Founded in 1996, Vetri was born out of a desire to showcase the work of the Pacific Northwest’s extraordinary community of glass artists and designers. Our focus is on the innovative contemporary work being made by Studio Glass artists. However, as the studio craft movement continues to develop and change, so does our collection. In addition to works in glass, we show the work of independent jewelry designers, ceramic artists, and exceptional hand-made objects in all media.
We represent artists who have a distinct and thoughtful sense of beauty. We are passionate about what these artists and their artworks contribute to our lives and community. At Vetri we work to create an environment that invites our clients to engage with an artist’s work meaningfully; an environment that creates space for contemplation, discovery, and enjoyment.
Vetri is the sister gallery to Traver Gallery. Founded in 1977, Traver Gallery has long been considered one of the country’s premier exhibition spaces for contemporary studio glass, painting, sculpture, and installation art. Many of the artists who found their start at Vetri have gone on to have solo exhibitions at Traver Gallery, including Preston Singletary, and Nancy Callan. Traver Gallery is located just around the corner from us, on Union Street
As VETRI GALLERY MANAGER you will set the tone for our sales and create a retail gallery environment
that embodies our client experience philosophy and drives sales
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals, ensure the same for team
- Train, develop, and supervise sales staff; lead by example
- Oversee daily operations of Vetri Gallery and Vetriglass.com
- Report to Director, keep them informed of team and operational strengths and opportunities
- Partner with Director to develop business plan, mid-month progress reports and monthly recaps
- Work with bookkeeper to close out books, review open sales, and conduct annual review.
- Own floor coverage, make sure each client receives an exceptional and on-brand experience
- Ensure sales associates complete daily tasks and has the required tools to grow client list
- Work with Director to refine and improve Vetri’s look, feel, and community presence
- Manage daily sales reporting, receivables, billing and shipping
- Coordinate with Director to ensure artists are appropriately represented and inventory is replenished, and to coordinate special events and exhibitions as appropriate
- Manage store energy, keep it upbeat and fun
- Coordinate schedules, office hours, lunches and breaks; plan for peak hours and ensure coverage is solid
- Oversee merchandise care and handling, and the maintenance and cleanliness of the store
- Partner with leadership to conduct regular meetings and daily check-ins
- Coordinate security to minimize loss
- Cultivate expert understanding of Vetri’s aesthetic and brand and ensure team members represent our vision and values
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including a working glass-art vocabulary
- High-end/Boutique sales experience
- Management experience
- Whip-smart, astute, high attention to detail, positive attitude, and friendly demeanor
- Ability to lead through influence and by example
- Willingness to help with all functions of the gallery, and be flexible with regard to schedule, hours, and day-to-day tasks.